Sunday, April 15, 2018

Easter Traditions


When I was growing up, each year for Easter we made what we call Easter Surprise Cookies.  They are a shortbread type of cookie with jelly beans in the middle for the surprise.  I was so excited this year to continue the tradition with Will.  I decided to invite a couple friends to come over and be a part of this fun tradition.


Once the cookies have baked, you dip them in a glaze, kind of like coloring an Easter egg.  Then you finish them off by adding sprinkles.  I think Will's favorite part was eating the sprinkles, silly boy!


Once our cookies were all decorated we put them in some fun little Easter containers for the kids to take home.  I think our first year doing Easter Surprise Cookies was a success.  I hope Will enjoys these traditions as much as I did when I was a kid and I can't wait to share these fun traditions with more kids as our family grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment