Sunday, July 12, 2020

Cabin with the Fam


We took a few days to head up to a cabin in Kamas with my side of the family.  It was so nice to get away for a few days and play and eat way too much ha ha


Our first day there we went on a beautiful hike near Smith and Moorehouse Reservoir.  This was our first time using the hiking backpack with Ben and I wasn't sure what he would think of it (since Will absolutely hated it!) but he loved it.  He could stand up in it and he would tell Dave to "Go!", which meant I want you to run as fast as you can up the trail Dad.


I loved the amazing views, they were breathtaking.  So I had to stop for a minute and capture this one with my favorite four year old.


Will had so much fun with his cousin Aria.  I'm so glad he has a cousin to play with.  They spent the whole hike looking for flowers.


They also loved getting attention from Grandpa. Grandpa is a big tease and they just love it.


My brother brought balloons and made all kinds of fun things for the kids.


I planned a scavenger hunt for the kiddos, and Ben just wanted to hold Grandma's hand the whole time.  We found all kinds of things from feathers to pine cones.  Then each of the kiddos got a stuffed animal when they had found everything on the list.


And it wouldn't be a real outdoor trip without smore's!


We also rented canoes and took them out on the reservoir which was a fun new adventure for Will.  Although I think his favorite part was throwing rocks in the water.


Ben and his cousin Jack had matching jackets so we had to capture that on camera.  So glad my sister has a little guy only a year younger.  Ben and Jack are going to be great friends. We love cousins. I'm so glad we were able to find a time when we could all get together and have a bit of fun.  Family time is our favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment