Sunday, September 6, 2020

Ben's Birthday Celebration with his Birth Family

 


This is a post that is extra close to my heart.  We were able to celebrate Ben's second birthday with his birth family and it was beautiful and wonderful and so incredibly special.  These wonderful people mean so much to us.  It is hard to put into words all of the feelings I have about this, but having an open adoption is one of the most precious things to us and we value, appreciate, and love them so much. I can't even say how happy I am that my boys will know their birth families and be able to have a relationship with them.  That is incredibly important to us.


Every year for my boy's  birthday I make them a cake with whatever they want on it. This is something my Mom did for me and I love that I can pass this tradition on to my kids.


It was a special experience to have everyone gathered around to sing to Ben.  He was absolutely beaming.


Afterwards, Ben opened presents, which of course is the most exciting part.  He loved his new toys and had the best evening!







No comments:

Post a Comment