Sunday, April 18, 2021

Zoo Day

 


Back in January I started potty training Ben.  I asked him what he would want his big prize to be when he was all finished potty training.  He said he wanted to go on an adventure as a family.  Something with animals.  I told him we should do the zoo.  He ecstatically said yes and that he wanted to ride an elephant.  We had to wait a couple months until it was a bit warmer but we finally made his wish come true.  It might not have been a real elephant, but I think the carousel was close enough ha ha!


Will was very much looking forward to riding on the carousel and it did not disappoint.  It is hard to tell through the mask, but he was all smiles the whole time.



We went with cousins, so that made seeing the animals even more fun.



They of course loved playing around on all of the statues.


The last time we went to the zoo, Ben was pretty young so this time with him was just so magical.  He was so enthralled to see all the animals in real life instead of just in pictures.  I loved his enthusiasm.


Of course we had to get a picture of all of the cousins in this iconic spot.  I remember doing this when I was a kid.  It is so fun to share with our kids the fun things I remember doing when I was young.


We finished our day at the zoo with a ride on the train.  It was fun to see the African animals up close.  In fact we had a very close encounter to a giraffe.  He had come right up to the train.  I we had reached out we probably could have patted him on the head.  The boys were so pumped that they got to see him so close.  It was a memorable experience for sure.  I love quality time with family.  Family time is the best time!







No comments:

Post a Comment