Sunday, May 24, 2020

Christmas 2019



On Christmas Eve we always decorate cookies to leave out for Santa.  Will loves making sure Santa gets cookies and he is very particular about which ones we leave out for Santa.  I'm just going to enjoy these few years while he still believes.


The calm before the storm ha ha.  I love getting everything set up for Christmas morning.  I remember how magical it was to come down on Christmas morning and see the presents and the stockings.  I love doing this for my boys.  I have to say that this Christmas was actually one of my favorites (even though Will woke us up at 2:30 in the morning and ended up having to sleep in our bed because he was too excited...)



The boys were SO excited about everything and their smiles were so amazing.  Will got the walking and talking robot and dinosaur he wanted and Ben got a bounce and spin puppy from Santa.  They were on cloud nine.


They bought presents for each other and they helped each other open them.  It was so sweet to see their excitement over what they had gotten each other.  We always have them get each other something so they can hopefully learn Christmas is about giving too and not just getting.


Will's favorite gift though, was from Dave and I.  He was completely enthralled with his marble run.


Ben's favorites?  His puppy and books.  He sleeps with puppy every night and he loves to be read to.


We were even lucky enough to have a snow storm, so after our traditional Christmas breakfast of german pancakes, Will and Dave headed out to build a couple snowmen.  We then spent the remainder of the day with Dave's family having Christmas dinner and opening gifts.


These two boys are my whole world.  They make every day, not just holidays, more special.  They are my greatest gifts.



No comments:

Post a Comment